Thursday, November 6, 2008

Marije Vogelzang


A friend of mine, anthony cooper, introduced me to the most amazing danish-umm i guess you could call her a food artist... there are real names for this but i like food artist-it seems more accessable. Marije Vogelzang. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for danes because my mother has told me so many storied of her life in Denmark. I guess I am also a bit jealous.
Back to Marije- her food design is incredible. She creates interactions with food. Food as fine art. What an amazing concept. But its not so much the food as it is the act of eating the food. This woman is incredible.

I wish i could show you pix but her site is flash and i am not apt enough at the interwebs to display flash pix. but in one of her pieces she took forks and attached them to long sticks and stuck strawberry snacks to them and called them butterflies. when a breeze caught the forks they waved around and flew like little butterflies.
follow this link to find her:

1 comment:

Marije said...

Hello how nice that you write nice things about me. I just would like to tell you that I am not Danish but Dutch. That means I come from the Netherlands.!
Keep on the good work on your blog! All the best, Marije Vogelzang